Wednesday, February 12, 2014

WIPping It Into Shape

So close and yet so far. I am making lots of progress on my WIP, just a lot of binding left to do. I did finish binding my Grandma's quilt with the binding all hand stitched down.






















I also finished quilting my Express Your Love/Goddess quilt and even washed and blocked it so that it lays flat.


 I really would like to just turn the edge and not put a traditional binding on this quilt. I'm not sure exactly how that will make the back look. Maybe I will add a piece of fabric to cover the back and cover the turned edge. Guess I will have to think about it for a bit.




























I have continued FMQ my Charming Squares quilt.  I decided to keep quilting every other block for the border, but quilt an ongoing feather in each block.  I think it works.









Sew all-in-all, a pretty productive week. Hopefully I will be able to get out and take some pictures for some Friday finishes (which isn't going to happen right now, since it's -7 degrees F, BRRRR).


Here are this week's stats:
In-process: (6)
Express Your Love
Charming Squares Quilt
Red Windows Quilt
Humphrey's New Bed
Casserole Carrier
Mod Ovals Quilt
 
New projects: (0) 

Finished (1)
Grandma's Quilt

I'm linking up with  Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!



Color Me Quilty!
Pat

5 comments:

  1. Your goddess looks wonderful! I wonder if you could turn in 1/4" of the front and back and whipstitch the edges closed, almost like you would the opening of a pillow. Does that make any sense at all?

    Your feathers in the charming squares quilt are fabulous! It looks like some whimsical tree from a fairy tale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love to see your quilting! Its lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat, if you don't want a binding, I would suggest adding a facing. That will finish the edges without a binding showing and you'll still be able to see almost all of your quilting on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your feather quilting is quite lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your Goddess quilt is amazing. And what a treasure, your Grandma's quilt. I went back into a previous post to read about it. A connection to your Grandma and indeed Mom. I love the back you chose - and all that pink! The quilt really does have a modern feel, well vintage-modern really.

    ReplyDelete