Sunday, September 9, 2012

I Love Quilting!



I had a blast yesterday in my FMQ class with Molly Waddell (NQA certified quilt judge) at Quilters Corner. My confidence increased each time we stitched out a new fill. Of course, I couldn't go the easy route, I had to FMQ with METALLIC thread. But it looks so cool on black - unfortunately the sparkle doesn't show up well in the pictures.




I have to finish filling in a few areas, but then I think with will make a great pillow top!
 Molly Waddell is a fantastic teacher. She would draw the design on the white board, the stitch it out so we could see the design on the machine. This was only my second quilting class I've taken, what fun it is to have people in the room all working on the same thing. Thanks so much Molly for your patience and generously sharing your talents!

My friend Kate has been here the last few days, so I haven't worked on my library quilt much. But I did listen to all of your wonderful comments from last week and found some wonderful blue dyed fabric for my library quilt. I had several comments to keep the dark purple, but put it around the center block. What a great idea!!!!

I added some embroidery in the middle and a blank block to FMQ the name of the library. I think this is going to turn out to be such a cool quilt. Hopefully by next Sunday this project is a true WIP and not still in the UFO phase!!!

I'm linking up with UFO Sunday with Leah Day! Then I'm off to dye!!!

UFO Sundays on the Free Motion Quilting Project
Color Me Quilty!

Pat


9 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time ~ and recognize some of your patterns! Nice work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fmq is looking wonderful! It sounds like a great class :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOh you did such a good job with the matallic thread. I never tried that one. It scares me:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the dark purple in the middle! It's looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. would ya look at all that great FMQ...you are getting so good

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun to take a class. FMQ looks great. I have not tried metallic thread.

    ReplyDelete