Today is Quilty Embellishment Day (QED) for September and I have a special treat for you all! Gene Black from Gene Black an Alabama Artist and Quilter blog is my guest. Gene is Mr. Embellishment. Enjoy his tutorial on quilt beading, but be sure to check out his blog for more fabulous quilt art!
It is great to be guest hosting on Color Me Quilty. A few short months ago, I started making small art quilts that combine machine decorative stitches, couched threads and handwork. I saw Carol Ann Waugh doing a demonstration on The Quilt Show and I loved it. Of course I took her ideas and adapted them to my personal style. These quilts are all about embellishment.
|My first one - Hills and Fields of Alabama|
|Dangle bead attached.|
Gene Black an Alabama Artist and Quilter!
Now it's time to link up and show us your fabulous creations this month! Here are some guidelines
First of all what is Quilty = quilts (big or small), fabric purses, totes, pouches...pretty much stuff you make with fabric as a base!
Second, what is Embellishment = anything that adds design interest to the piece. Examples (this is just a short list I could think of, but I know there are many more...)
Applique (raw edge or edge turned)
Embroidery (machine or hand)
Quilting (FMQ, machine, or hand)
Painting or dyeing
Trim, Lace,Beads, Fringe, Sequins, Buttons, Buckles, Zippers
etc., etc., etc!
Day = Once a month, starting on the 15th, you can link up and share! I will leave the link open for a week! You can link up to three posts that are within the last month - from August 22 to the present.
Each post you link with automatically put you in the random drawing for my giveaway. This month I have this mini applique quilt pattern.
1. Write and publish a blog post.
2. Copy the link of the specific blog post. This is not just the link to your blog itself.
3. Click the blue link up button below and paste your link into the box.
4. This link will stay open for a week.
5. You may link up to three posts within the past month, you must link back to this post in order to be entered to win the giveaway.
6. By linking up and linking back you are automatically entered to win
Color Me Quilty!