Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Importance of a Class

Kate and my Pfaff Quilters Expression 4.0

As many of you know, I recently purchased a new machine, Pfaff Quilters Expression 4.0. I loved the great big 10" throat and sensormatic FMQ setting, but I have had some serious struggles with the machine. Luckily, the shop where I bought it (Quilters Corner) is absolutely fabulous and give free new owner classes (4 hours long!!!) to help you get to know your machine. My friend Kate (shes got the same machine as mine) and I took the new owners class on Thursday. WOW!!! Amazingly, I can now FMQ like a champ. Funny how knowing how to set the machine properly makes ALL the difference in the world. The Pfaff owners manual is AWFUL compared to my Babylock manuals, so having the wonderful support from Quilters Corner is AWESOME! 

Today Kate and I are taking a FMQ class at Quilters Corner. I'm hoping to be able to make a pillow top out of the results. The class asks us to bring a 20" square quilt sandwich of a solid color. I chose black, because I had some cool scraps from this wall hanging that my mom and I made together years ago.

Stack n' Wack quilt

Black Quilt square and scraps for a pillow.
Wish us luck!


Color Me Quilty!

Pat

4 comments:

  1. That is great! I have never been able to take a "new owners" class because there is no dealer close enough for me to do it. Thank goodness for the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! But most importantly - have fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds Like fun! Hope you figure it all out! A new machine should be fun, not frustrating;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you are getting that machine figured out

    ReplyDelete