Wednesday, March 19, 2014

WIP Wednesday

This is one of those Wednesday's that I sit here at my computer and wonder what the heck did I do this week. I know I sewed quite a bit, but what do I have to show for it.

Well, for one, I started and finished a quilt top and back and it's ready to baste.  This is my Tree quilt, which doesn't really resemble a tree, YET. The quilting I have planning for it will have a tree theme.
Front (approx. 65" x 84")


Ready to baste
Back






































I made up this sample as a demo for QAYG that I did last night for the Rochester Modern Quilt Guild (RMQG). That was lots of fun to do. I think that I might finish up this sample and use it as a little wall hanging in my office.

I also did an unusual photo shoot with my Pantone Challenge quilt. The statue 'When Anthony met Stanton' (Susan B. Anthony, Amelia Bloomer and Elizabeth Cady Stanton) stands on a corner in Seneca Falls, NY. I might have to use that setting again, it's like they were made to hold quilts.

Here are this week's stats:
In-process: (6)
Express Your Love
Humphrey's New Bed
Mod Ovals Quilt
Pantone Quilt 2014
IMQG Guild Block (reverse applique')
RMQG QAYG Samples

 
New projects: (1) 
Tree Quilt

Finished (0)

 
I'm linking up with  Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!




Color Me Quilty!
Pat

6 comments:

  1. Love your tree quilt and what a fanastic spot for a photo shot. Not only do they look like they are made to hold quilts, they look like they are utterly amazed by your fabulous stitchery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your tree quilt. The yellow really jumps out from the greys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to see your tree quilt all quilted up!

    I just LOVE how your pantone challenge quilt top turned out!! Beautiful! And your choice of place for the photo shoot was perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great place to do a photo shoot - great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun spot for quilt photos. Nice quilts too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way cool use of the statue for your Pantone project. I'll have to steal that idea at some point.... :)

    ReplyDelete