Wednesday, March 5, 2014

WIPped Into Shape

Sometimes I have epic fails, that was what I had this week. Okay, maybe that's just a tad dramatic, I just basically screwed up.

I decided to "try" and finish my casserole carrier this week. I needed to trim up the pieces and bind them. The problem is that they have 90 degree inside corners that make up the handles. Silly me thought I could do them just like an outside corner. That would be NO!

Clip the corners, just shy of the 1/4" seam

Pull the corner straight as you stitch on the binding

I didn't have time to fiddle with this to get it to lie flat, but I think it will.

I would love to think I could finish this up soon. I have several project swimming in my head and I don't want to start them until I have some of my current WIP under control.

It must be my week to work on new skills. I started a block for my guild's cancer quilt that has reverse applique'. 
Reverse applique' is definitely a new skill I will use again.

Here are this week's stats:
In-process: (5)
Express Your Love
Humphrey's New Bed
Casserole Carrier
Mod Ovals Quilt
Pantone Quilt 2014
New projects: (1) 
IMQG Guild Block (reverse applique')

Finished (0)

I'm linking up with  Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!

Color Me Quilty!

1 comment:

  1. I've been seeing a lot of reverse applique lately. It looks cool and intimidating at the same time. Must try it! Thanks for sharing :)