Sunday, December 2, 2012

UFO Sunday

Last week Leah asked us to review what we have accomplished through UFO Sunday.  I was actually impressed with how much I have actually gotten done.
The Library quilt was the very first UFO I listed. It is now complete!

The flag pillow actually was not a UFO, but it was made in response to the wonderful feedback I received about my grandson's ruined Flag quilt.

Bird pillow front and back
Expanding Possibilities with miles of thread in the FMQ!

I looked back at all of the projects that I have made this year and updated my 2012 projects page - 21 projects completed this year (and hopefully two more before the year is done). That's almost two projects a month!

I have also made significant progress on my Purple Heart quilt and my Storybook #2 quilt. And speaking of my Storybook # 2 quilt, it's quilted!!!

Here is a view of the back of the blocks, so you can see the quilting a little better. I'm quite pleased with my swirls.


 



Now to trim, join, border and bind (and then of course label). I just might make it by Christmas!

Sew all in all, I'm feeling pretty good about this year. I bit more productive than I would have thought I was. And speaking of productive, we have our 2nd Ithaca Modern Quilt Guild meeting today from 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. at Quilters Corner.

I'm linking up with Leah Day at The Free Motion Quilting Project for UFO Sunday!

UFO Sundays on the Free Motion Quilting Project

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

8 comments:

  1. Good for you Pat! I'm really happy with my progress too and love seeing finished UFOs around my house. So motivating! Beautiful swirl quilting BTW...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have been very busy. Sorry to say or maybe glad to say, I have no UFOs. I don't know why. I am constantly working on something whether it be a quilt or practicing all the terrific things I am learning with Leah on Free Motion Project of her Crafty class. I get mixed up as to which is which. Have a great Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for shearing your projects! You are so producive

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an inspiration to us all! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those purple spirals. Congratulations on all your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on all your finished projects. Your swirls look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic progress and finishes! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those spirals. That is a pattern I'd like to spend some time with too. Right now I don't have a project where it would fit.

    ReplyDelete