Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Almost Done!

...At least with my Cubic Rhythm quilt! The quilting is all done, it's trimmed and now just waiting for the binding.
I used variegated thread to pull in the other colors of the quilting.

Trimmed the edges

Ready for binding
I'm kind of excited about finishing this quilt. Not only is a Christmas present for my brother and SIL, but it is the very first quilt that I have done from start to finish by myself. I've always had someone long-arm quilt my quilts in the past! Sew, this is my leap into free-motion quilting!

I'm linking up today with Fabric Tuesday at A Quilt Story!

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

9 comments:

  1. Well done...a lot of work...a learning curve...and a wonderful result. I am sure they will LOVE it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Pat! You did an excellent job on your first quilt so far! The variegated thread looks great and your quilting is fabulous, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats. The quilting looks amazing. I'm still not brave enough to do my own quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must be feeling very satisfied to be making a quilt from start to finish. The quilting looks excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, job well done! The first quilt you complete all by yourself has free motion quilting, very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I know how you feel Pat - makes all that practice worthwhile - great finish! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SO proud of you! Your FIRST quilt start to finish! Look at how amazing it is! You are so talented and your brother and sister-in-law are going to be blown away. Very exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on a start to finish quilt that is so beautiful! I love the fabrics you've chosen!

    ReplyDelete