Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Once Upon a Time: A Story Book Quilt

It feels good to get back to a quilt project and I've been thinking about this one since I threw it up on my design board a few weeks ago. With that 1001 Peeps fabric, it just said story time. So I found some cute embroidery to go with it and started last night.
I have several other sayings to add in to this quilt. (The design is from Embroidery Library)

I like how the colors go together.

Unfortunately it puckered as it stitched, so I will have to redo. But I like the colors and I think if I set a basting stitch around the edge and put a second layer of stabilizer, it will be fine next time.
So I guess I can say I'm happy to be back making a quilt!


Color Me Quilty!

Pat

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I have quite a bit of this fabric in the orange colourway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh! Rich colours and wonderful embroidery...well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! The colors are awesome and the font is really cool. This is a favorite line of mine and I can't wait to see what your going to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking great! I love the idea of story time!

    ReplyDelete