|3 layers: prequilted fabric (a little added protection), Insul-Bright, Alexander Henry's Barcelona fabric|
|FMQ in a geometric pattern|
|I drew an outline, then stitched it, before cutting it out. (Thanks to Janine from Rainbow Hare for this idea).|
|I cut it out, then over cast stitched to keep it from fraying.|
|Flipped it right sided out. I used a small dowel to help turn the thumb.|
|Voila! An oven mitt!|
|Added the binding. This was very difficult because it barely fit on the free-arm of my machine.|
|Comparison to the store bought mitt I copied.|
I'm linking up with the wonderful Melissa at Happy Quilting for Try New Things (TNT) Thursday.
Color Me Quilty!