Thursday, December 15, 2011

Try New Things (TNT) Thursday: Thick Foamy Batting (Vera Bradley Style)

I missed last week's TNT Thursday, which made me very sad. I LOVE experimenting with new things. Sew, I had to try something new this week, a new thick foamy batting to make bags, purses, iPad covers, etc.

I purchased this batting at Sew Creative in Fairport, NY. This store may look small on the outside, but it's mighty on the inside!

 
This is the purse in my giveaway (click here if you want to enter to win it. Open to entries until 12/16/11 at 8:00 p.m.) I used this batting in this purse.

The batting is just shy of a 1/4" thick and has a foamy middle covered with fabric on both sides.

I will be adding a lining, but I just quilted it with the top layer of fabric.

iPad cover (W.I.P.)

The batting adds a tremendous amount of body to the project.
The batting isn't hard to work with, a bit thick, but it gives you great results. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the batting. If I find out, I will update this post.    UPDATE: The batting is called "Soft and Stable" and Sew Creative appears to be the only local store carrying it!


I'm linking up with the wonderful Melissa at Happy Quilting for Try New Things (TNT) Thursday.




Color Me Quilty!

Pat

3 comments:

  1. That batting sounds super cool. It looks awesome quilted!! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some of that batting but haven't used it yet, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd never heard of that batting - so cool@ I love how your purse turned out. Just lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete