Wednesday, December 7, 2011

WIP Wednesday # 8: Finally Some Finishes

Yes, I finished my Cubic Rhythm quilt this week! Yippee, Skippee! I also finish 2 dog mats for my step-daughter's little princesses Rosie and Violet! Sew, not a bad week!
Approx. 63" x 63"


Traditional feathers

"Hooked" feathers

Batting was a bamboo/organic cotton blend.

Binding was the same as the last border. I used the glue instead of pin trick to machine stitch the binding. The back was a extra wide wild  batik (to hide some of my not so lovely stitching)
Although there are a few oops, I'm pretty happy with the quilting (first time I quilted a quilt).

Dog mats made from 2 fat quarters, machine embroidered, FMQed and bound.
So the stats for the week:

In-process: (4)
Hip to be Square FMQ sampler (still at 14 out of 30 blocks quilted)
Purple heart wall hanging (nope)
Expanding Possibilities quilt (nope)
Turtle pillow - (need to quilt and assemble).

New projects in the cue to start: (3)
FLMQG solids challenge crib quilt (Not started)
New Wave quilt (not started)
Friend's baby quilt - fabric picked out!

Projects completed this week: (3)
Cubic Rhythm quilt completed!!!!
2 dog mats completed.


Color Me Quilty!


Pat

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. Being able to use a fat quarter for a doggy mat, nice! If I were to do that for my sister's dog, I think her front paw would fit on it! (she's a Saint Bernard)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the colors and the binding really finishes it nicely. The feathers are awesome. Your free motion quilting skills are so impressive. I think the hooked feathers are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete