Friday, December 9, 2011

My Design Wall! What Do You Think???

I've been a bit under the weather the last few days. Nothing dreadful, just enough to knockout any extra energy after work. But this morning I woke up with a design idea and I had to put it into action.


I have 7 of the pieced blocks, orphans from my mother's stash (I don't think she pieced them, probably from a swap or bee). I recently purchased the 1001 Peeps, then realized that I think this will look pretty good with these blocks. Add in the dark purple and white to keep it from getting too busy. There are two little girls that I would like to make quilts for their birthdays in February. What do you think?

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

9 comments:

  1. The orphan blocks will be perfect with that new fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the pieced blocks with the 1001 peeps fabric, they go really well but I'm not sure about the white blocks - could you use a lilac instead, it might be a bit softer? It might just be the photograph but the white seems to really stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren`t the `white blocks` your design wall LOL, or not? Love the Peeps stash blocks - they look great! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Love this combination! I love the orphan blocks. Great colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They really work well together. Looks like it was meant..

    Please feel better for Christmas. No fun when you are poorly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo...I love peeps! This looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete