Sunday, April 15, 2012

Quilty Embellishment Day!!!

I am super excited to be hosting my first linky party, Quilty Embellishment Day (QED). Melissa Corry from Happy Quilting has graciously agreed to guest blog with a fabulous tutorial/video on how to applique, something that is definitely on my bucket list of projects. So come on and join the party, link up! I can't wait to see some of your wonderful quilty embellishments.





Color Me Quilty



Hello all you Embellishment Enthusiasts!!!  My name is Melissa Corry and I am so excited that Pat has invited me here today to share with you my love for Embellishment.

My favorite way to embellish a quilt is with applique!!!  I love turning a blank space into a totally adorable space by simply adding some cut out shapes!!  Here are some of my favorite appliques I have done in the past :)






But my absolute favorite applique quilt I have ever done was actually my first.  This is a quilt I made for my amazing Mother in Law for Christmas a few years back.  It had oh so much applique!!!  But isn't it just adorable!!!!

So, have you fallen in love with Applique yet???  Do you want to embellish your next quilt with applique??  Well I am hoping that these little video's will make that a little easier for you :)  These are my first "real" quilting video's and I am so excited to share them with all of you.  Enjoy!!!




So, did they help???  Are you ready to start Appliqueing??  Embellish those quilts to your hearts desire!!!


And before I go, 2 little things.

 First, All of the quilts pictured above, except for the last one, I have done tutorials for that walk you step by step on how to put the entire project together.  So if you are interested, just click on the picture and it will take you to the tutorial :)

Second,  I would love to hear your feedback on the video's.  Just leave a comment or email me at happyquiltingmelissa (at) gmail (dot) com.

For guidelines for QED click here!






Instructions for Linking Up Your Blog:
1. Write and publish a blog post.

2. Copy the link of the specific blog post. This is not just the link to your blog itself.
3. Click the blue link up button above and paste your link into the box. 

4. This link will stay open for a week.
5. By linking up you are automatically entered to win an exciter pack of Lumiere paint. I will ship this internationally, if allowed. 
  Color Me Quilty!


Pat

3 comments:

  1. Linda White aka wildyardApril 15, 2012 at 2:43 PM

    I can't link because I don't have a blog nor a website, but I loved Melissa's videos, and am trying a little more embellishments as I go along. I find it challenging but won't give up on it. I'd love to show you my first (and only, so far) applique project but don't know how to attach a photo to your site. I made a 50th Anniversary wall hanging/throw for dear friends of ours. Each section represented something about them as a couple or our friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects from Melissa! I can't decide which item to link up - are we allowed to link more than 1 item (separate blog posts of course)!!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been so out of the blogland loop, I nearly missed this! Congrats on the first QED. I think it's a fab idea and the link ups look great. I'll watch the video and, hopefully have better applique next month :)

    ReplyDelete