Thursday, April 5, 2012

Try New Things (TNT) Thursday: Guidelines for Quilty Embellishment Day (QED)

Color Me Quilty


To say that I'm getting excited about Quilty Embellishment Day (QED) linky party would be an understatement. The thought of having a place to share and look at all of the really cool stuff you all do with you quilty projects, well that's just cool in my opinion. But I think we need some guidelines/definitions to help you understand what this is and how to do this.

First of all what is Quilty = quilts (big or small), fabric purses, totes, pouches...pretty much stuff you make with fabric as a base!

Second, what is Embellishment = anything that adds design interest to the piece. Examples (this is just a short list I could think of, but I know there are many more...)
Applique (raw edge or edge turned)
Embroidery (machine or hand)
Quilting (FMQ, machine, or hand)
Painting or dyeing
Trim, Lace,Beads, Fringe, Sequins, Buttons, Buckles, Zippers
Imagination!
etc., etc., etc!

Day = Once a month, starting on the 15th! I will leave the link open for a week!


Play nice, link up and link back, go look at and comment on others, if you need further guidelines you can find most of them in the poem by Robert Fulghum - All I Really Need to Know I learned In Kindergarten.


Just to add a little more excitement, I have a guest blogger with a tutorial for the first link-up on April 15th - Melissa Corry from Happy Quilting! Woohoo! How cool is that!

This will be my first linky party, (just a little nervous), I hope that you will join in on April 15th!!!

Today I'm linking up with the fabulous Melissa at Happy Quilting for TNT Thursday!
 
Color Me Quilty!

Pat

5 comments:

  1. I am so excited to be guest blogging for your big opening. What a great linky party :) How fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! Best of luck with the linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your first linky party Pat - I'm sure it is going to be a big success!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be joining in with the excitement! Can't wait to see what embellishment ideas I can learn (and use) from the other projects. I'm excited for you - it should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete