soak, block and bind it. I did my binding a little different than Leah. I sew the binding on the front, press it to the back, then stitch in the ditch on the front making sure I catch the binding on the back. I think it gives it a cleaner look on the front.
I did have a serious problem though, as I was pressing the binding, it scorched the front of my quilt.
|The bottom feathers and bottom heart are slightly scorched.|
So this leads me directly to my question for Leah. Why did my quilt front scorch so easily? Does it have anything to do with the poly batting? It is my own hand-dyed fabric made from RK Kona Cotton PFD using procion dyes. I've never had it scorch before.
On to my other projects this week, I did finish this little wall hanging (Formerly meant to be a sewing machine cover).
FLMQG solids challenge crib quilt (2 out of 9 Urban Nine Patch blocks done)
Purple heart wall hanging ( needs borders, backing, quilting and binding)
Expanding Possibilities quilt (basted, now to be quilted)
Storybook quilt # 1 - quilt the border and bind it
Storybook quilt # 2 - All embroidery is done
Quokka Quilts QAYGFMQQAL quilt (18 blocks out of 30 quilted)
Geneva Public Library quilt - join and quilt (maybe make a block or two to even it out)
iPad case (embroidered and started piecing and quilting)
Sew Cal Gal's March FMQ Challenge - Embellishment
New projects in the cue to start: (1)
New Wave quilt (not started)
Sewing Machine Cover/wall hanging
Whole cloth quilt for QAL Wednesday
I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday and The Free Motion Quilting Project for QAL Wednesday
Color Me Quilty!
P.S. I will be hosting my first ever linky party QED (Quilty Embellishment Day) on Sunday, April 15th. I have a guest blogger and even a chance at a giveaway for those that link up. Click here for more details. So please stop by and check it out!