Friday, October 14, 2011

Free Motion Friday!

I'm so excited about joining in Free Motion Friday organized by Fluffy Sheep Quilting!  I think this will really push me to practice designs that I'm not necessarily comfortable doing. So here is my Drop Art sample.

Front

Back
A couple of things that I have found that make free motion quilting SEW much easier. 1. Supreme Slider - I wouldn't even consider quilting without it! It makes a night and day different!  2 Quilting gloves. 3. Open toe metal quilting foot on my machine. 4. INCREASE my stitch length to maximum (I have Baby Locks and this REALLY helps tension issues. I do drop my feed dogs.)

As you can see, I still need practice on travel stitching and spacing the design, among other things! I love free motion Fridays!

Just Color Me Quilty!

Pat

14 comments:

  1. oh fantastic work! I will get those items if I am going to consider carrying on with free motion quilting! My toe is clear so I can see what I am doing but I haven't tried what you have suggested about the stitch length etc so may give that a go!
    following now by the way!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yes Anya, wine definitely helps!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think you have that pattern in you repertoire now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh blimey, why do you need practise!? Great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you've got it down! Great work, Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks pretty darn good to me! What is supreme slider?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yours is looking good! I went a different direction than Leah in her video and it worked better for me. I had a couple of issues on the back but it's coming along!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good work, you look like a natural.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pat, you're rockin FMQ! I will totally take a page or two from your book. Gloves - a must this week. Supreme slider? Really? Will have to look into it. Thanks for the tips. So glad you linked up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent drops. Looks as if you have been doing it forever. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to join this. You did awesome.

    ReplyDelete