Sunday, October 16, 2011

FMQ: A Sunday Sample

I'm just a little obsessed with FMQ (free motion quilting)! I really, really have to finish up a quilty purse for a birthday present and what did I do yesterday....play with a FMQ sample. Well, my machine WAS set up for FMQ and I DO need to figure out how I'm going to quilt my Cubic Rhythm quilt I just basted, which just calls out for feathers. Sew here is my Sunday sample.

Front

Back
I did mark the center spine of the feather, but the rest is free hand. I think the years of doodling is finally paying off! I was working on my "travel" stitches (where I go over previous stitches) to keep them on target and my echos to keep them even. There are a few wobbles, but I'm pleased for the most part.

Sew OK, I WILL work on the purse today!

Just Color Me Quilty!

Pat

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome!! I have just started free motion and dreamof being able to do feathers!! x

    ReplyDelete