Thursday, October 6, 2011

Free-Hand Free-Motion Feathers

While I was on vacation, I did a lot of free-motion practice. One of the projects I worked on was a table runner, which I stitched a straight row of one sided feathers.

One of the tips and tricks, I have heard from several sewing machine dealers, is to use the start/stop button, not the foot petal.

I set my speed at medium, and I was pleasantly surprised how much easier this was. At first I was concerned that I won't be able to turn it off quickly enough, but I really didn't have much problem with that.

Sew last night, I picked up my Hip to be Square quilt and continued to quilt.

Started with squiggly spirals


Free-Hand free-motion feathers
I'm really pleased with these feathers. I'm really pleased with free-motion quilting.

Well, Just Color Me Quilty!

Pat

1 comment:

  1. Your quilting is just looking so good! I love all the different fills you are using. Leah's site is such a wealth of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete