Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Free Motion Friday Revisited: Homework Implemented!

My "day job" is in education and I know that one of the most important things you can do to lock in new learning is to use it as soon as possible in a real situation. To do that, I used both Drop Art and Shadow Wave in my Hip to be Square free motion sampler quilt.



I struggle with keeping it even on the quilt edge


I think Shadow Wave came out much better that my practice piece!
I chose this quilt as a practice sampler because of the busy fabric to hide my mistakes. But now, I wish I could see the quilting better! I think a solids quilt is in my future!

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

2 comments:

  1. Looks very nice. Can't wait to see the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, you used the drops on something that "matters" it looks brilliant, I might try the drops on my Xmas quilt, then if it's crap at least I'm only reminded once a year ha ha....well done you.

    ReplyDelete