Sunday, October 30, 2011

Free Motion Quilting with METALLIC Thread!

I know to some of you this may not be a big deal, but I'm relatively new to free motion quilting (read as, never finished quilting an entire quilt!). You would think I would start with stippling my first few quilts to get the hang of FMQ (see my journey here), but no I have to jump in with both feet and do fairly elaborate (at least for me) type of quilting. Now a couple weeks ago, I did play around with quilting with metallic thread on some samples, with this quilt in mind. So, I just jumped in and started quilting.

Sorry for the poor picture quality, I am asking Santa for a new camera!



I wanted to tie into the gold metallic fabric that surrounds each area I quilted.  I'm really quite please with me results. The Sulky brand thread did not shred or break at all, which surprised me because it was relatively old thread. I use a new metallic needle, 90/14. which I also think helped. Hmmm, I might be tempted to do this again! Now, off to quilt some more on this quilt, I have delusions that it will be a Christmas present!

Just Color Me Quilty!

Pat

3 comments: