Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Step On My Free-Motion Quilting Journey

I can't believe that we are already packing up to head home from our wonderful trip to the Outer Banks, NC. It has been a great week. I haven't completed any sewing projects, but I have made great progress in learning how to free-motion quilt. Back in June I talked about overcoming breaking needles when I quilted. Then early this week I talked about bad bobbins and bird's nests. But I'm now starting to get the hang of it. My Baby Lock Esante ran fine when I used good thread. The bobbin problems and bird's nests were from cheap thread I bought at a quilt show. When I put Isacord thread in, everything worked like a charm.
Backside (batting) of a new purse project.
A potholder project
My Mom's Table Runner UFO Note: My Mom had hand basted this, not good for machine quilting!
The back of the table runner              



 Sew, I have learned that practice helps, having the right thread counts and free-motion quilting at the beach is a blast!


 Sew for now, just Color Me Quilty!


 Pat



No comments:

Post a Comment