Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Free Motion Bling?

Sew, last night I fiddled around free motion quilting with metallic thread. The cubic rhythm quilt that I basted on Sunday  has gold metallic in some of the fabric and just seems to call out for some bling. The problem is that working with metallic thread is devilishly difficult, the thread likes to shred. Sew, I stitched up a sample to try it out.

Metallic gold thread
Plain ordinary gold thread

Both metallic and plain gold thread, filled and open centers.
It's hard to see in these pictures, but I think that I'm going to suck it up and use the metallic thread. I will go slow and deal with the shredding thread. I love the sparkle, the bling factor! Oh yeah, I did use a metallic needle. Does anybody else have any other tricks for working with metallic? I would love to hear from you.

Sew, just Color Me Bling!

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment