Monday, October 31, 2011

I'm A Feathering Fool

The scrolls in the gold are a little shaky, but I like the feathers.




I must be delusional! I think I can finish this 65" x 65" quilt (Cubic Rhythm quilt) and a whole list of other quilty projects by Christmas! Now, you have to understand that I work full time and I'm a slow quilter (and I can't seem to make myself do easy stippling, NO I have to do feathers!).


Loopy feathers


Don't get me wrong I love making each project, but there are just sew many hours in the day! I've decided to keep me on track for Christmas, by linking up with Janine over at Rainbow Hare Quilts for Making Christmas List.


Making Christmas List:
1. Quilt and bind my Cubic Rhythm quilt - Gold metallic quilting done, 1 1/2 blocks quilted
2. Mermaid pillows
3. Purple Heart Wall-hanging.
4. At least 4 Christmas stockings
5. 2 iPad covers
6. At least 6 potholders
7. 2 doggie mats
8. Several last minutes ideas that I haven't thought of yet!

I best get sewing!!!

Color Me Ambitious!

Pat

4 comments:

  1. This is spectacular, Pat. It reminds me of a medieval manuscript. I'm so inspired by this to keep up my fmq practice. Thank you for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat....thanks for your comment on my barn quilt. I really love your quilting above...I hand quilt. and don't get much practice on FMQ; I am jealous of those of you who do it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the feathers are stunning love the gold metallic effect beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete