Wednesday, November 16, 2011

WIP Wednesday #5: Fabric Therapy

What a crazy week! My big, fancy machine broke last Wednesday night! Ugh! Now, I do have a back-up machine that is pretty nice, but the harp space and embroidery is limited.
Baby Lock Esante
So to soothe my nerves, since there is a 3 week backlog to get my Ellegante back, I decided that maybe a little fabric therapy was in order. I have been eying Valori Wells Wrenly since it came out. I just had to get some, so I bought a couple of charm packs.

I have a baby quilt I need to make for a friend due in March. I was thinking about pairing it with some of my hand-dyed fabric.

I thought that the green/blue color way would look good with the dyed fabric, but I was pleasantly surprised how much I like the reds and pinks with it. Okay, I feel better now!

I still got a fair bit accomplished this week, since my friend Jean came to my rescue and let me embroider 17 Christmas stocking cuffs and several other projects on her machine.

So the stats for the week:

In-process: (6)
Hip to be Square FMQ sampler (still at 14 out of 30 blocks quilted)
Cubic Rhythm ( still 1/4 quilted)
Table runner (nope)
Purple heart wall hanging (nope)
Expanding Possibilities quilt (nope)
Free-Motion practice samples (Pine Needles - linked up at Fluffy Sheep Quilting)
17 Christmas Stockings - (10 of them started this week! All cuff embroidered, 8 linings completed. Need to assemble)

New projects in the cue to start: (3)
7 Christmas Stockings - stockings part completed on all 7, 2 cuffs embroidered. Need to make the lining and assemble.
FLMQG solids challenge crib quilt (Not started)
New Wave quilt (not started)
Friend's baby quilt - fabric picked out!

Projects completed this week: (0)

I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!



WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


Color Me Quilty!

Pat

5 comments:

  1. I can't imagine!!! I have almost run my machine into the ground and I have no idea what I will do if it dies during holiday merry making. It would cost more to get it fixed than actually replace so I have been sneaking the eventually replacement into conversations with my husband every so often. I think he would actually like me to pay a little more to get a machine that can keep up with me, ah but yours looks real pretty (wiggles eyebrows). I pray this one stands up to your project list while you wait for your baby's return!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought a bit of that fabric line too! Isn't it beautiful?! I haven't a clue as to what to do with it though, so I'll be watching to see what you come up with!! Hope you get your machine back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love Wrenly but have so far managed to resist - it will make a beautiful baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI --I just found your blog and I have this exact machine. Can you please answer me some questions? I am interested also in free motion, but am wondering which foot you used? I actually bought a darning foot but it was made to fit many machines. I cannot figure out how to attach it to my machine. Maybe you have some experience with this? It has a very long shaft that I am not sure where it fits. Please help! Thanks for your blog and pictures! Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natalie, you are a no-reply blogger. Please send me your email address!

    ReplyDelete