Wednesday, November 30, 2011

WIP Wednesday # 7: Motoring Along

If I were ever in a race, I would be the tortoise, not the hare. I did get a few finishes and work on a few more, but I'm moving slowly.

My step-daughter has two little terrier/chihuahua crosses and she does a lot of obedience training classes with them. She wanted some training mats for them, so I have the first one ready for binding.

I had fun FMQing a few flowers.

All ready for binding


 I also started and finished 2 sets of wonky potholders.

 I finished the last 2 Christmas stocking (for my husband and me). Shown here hanging on the mantel with our Corgi's stocking (which was completed before ours). I gave away 14 stockings to family members on Thanksgiving. I made 17 Christmas stockings this month! Phew, glad that's done!

I finished up this table runner, just in time to use it for Thanksgiving.







Sew all in all, a fairly productive week. Now that I have my good machine back from being repaired, I can finish up some quilting.

So the stats for the week:

In-process: (5)
Hip to be Square FMQ sampler (still at 14 out of 30 blocks quilted)
Cubic Rhythm ( still 1/4 quilted)
Purple heart wall hanging (nope)
Expanding Possibilities quilt (nope)
Turtle pillow - (need to quilt and assemble).

New projects in the cue to start: (3)
FLMQG solids challenge crib quilt (Not started)
New Wave quilt (not started)
Friend's baby quilt - fabric picked out!

Projects completed this week: (9)
2 sets of wonky potholders started and completed.
Table runner
Last 2 Christmas stocking completed
Free-Motion practice samples - Superstar- linked up at Fluffy Sheep Quilting this was the last week :(  Machine quilting class at Quilters Corner.

I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!



WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


Color Me Quilty!


Pat

7 comments:

  1. 17 stockings in a month and 9 projects done this week! You are the fastest tortoise I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stockings are sooo cute!

    Mary
    http://www.quiltgenius.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Toni, you are a very fast tortoise! Great job on all those stockings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree - a VERY fast tortoise! Funnily enough, I've just made a hare :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A speedy tortoise and I'm in awe of all the stockings you've made! Wow! The table topper is so colorful for fall and Thanksgiving! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Training mats? What a great idea, if I ever let my hubby have a dog I am making some of those! I love your stitching on the one you showed us, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think if you're motoring you'd be done for speeding!! You've got loads done and it all looks great :) The stockings are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete