Wednesday, November 23, 2011

WIP Wednesday # 6: Marching on to Christmas

I feel like Christmas is marching toward me at high speed. I'm not sure I will get everything done I want to, but I am making progress. I decided that I really want to use this table runner tomorrow, so last night I found some nice purple in my stash and made the binding and got it sewed on the top. My goal today is to sew it down (I'm going to attempt to sew it by machine).

I'm really pleased with how well the binding matches!


This week, I also finished 15 Christmas Stockings...Yippee only 2 more to go!

I also worked on this pillow.

Sew all in all, a fairly productive week. I do have plans to sew this weekend, so hopefully I will have lots of stuff to cross off the list next week.

So the stats for the week:

In-process: (9)
Hip to be Square FMQ sampler (still at 14 out of 30 blocks quilted)
Cubic Rhythm ( still 1/4 quilted)
Table runner (Binding made and sewn on!)
Purple heart wall hanging (nope)
Expanding Possibilities quilt (nope)
Free-Motion practice samples (H20- linked up at Fluffy Sheep Quilting)
2 more Christmas Stockings  need to finish.
Turtle pillow - Top done

New projects in the cue to start: (3)
FLMQG solids challenge crib quilt (Not started)
New Wave quilt (not started)
Friend's baby quilt - fabric picked out!

Projects completed this week: (15)
15 Christmas stocking completed

I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!




WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


 

In the U.S., Thanksgiving is tomorrow, and I just wanted to take a minute to tell you all how thankful I am to have found such a warm and accepting community of quilters and bloggers. You all really make my day, everyday.


Color Me Quilty!

Pat

7 comments:

  1. Wow - busy week! So many beautiful Christmas stockings - I'm just starting to think! about Christmas :)

    I love sea turtles and your pillow looks wonderful!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, only two more stockings. My favourite ones are the golden purple ones. And that table runner is so pretty! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great table runner and you got it done just in time. I love it that you have tons of WIPs going on at the same time. That's the way I like to do it too. Happy Thanksgiving! Consider me a new follower. I want to see what new projects you start and how your WIPS go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy, busy week! Love those cute stockings! Happy Thanksgiving to you and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table runner is beautiful! I love the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right, Christmas is just around the corner! I wanted to crochet these creepy critters for a bunch of the kids...and adults. I doubt now that I will get to that. I should try though. I've been so busy trying to complete things for my etsy store in hopes of some Christmas sales instead.

    ReplyDelete